With support for Joomla 1.5 likely ending in September, Blue Water Media strongly recommends that all Joomla 1.5 users upgrade to Joomla 2.5 for the latest security updates.
The following 7 steps can be used to effectively upgrade your installation of Joomla from version 1.5.x to version 2.5:
- Step 1 Backup the existing website (codebase and database) to create an upgrade base site
- Step 2 Upgrade the current Joomla 1.5.x installation to Joomla 1.5.26
- Step 3 Install the jUpgrade module to do an automated upgrade of Joomla core from 1.5.26 to 2.5
- Step 4 Upgrade Joomla core to 2.5
- Step 5 Upgrade non-core Joomla components and extensions to the versions most compatible with Joomla 2.5
- Step 5 Test the site for any malfunctions caused by the upgrade
- Step 6 Fix malfunctions related to site upgrade
- Step 7 Move upgraded site to Production environment
To ensure the security of your website and get your Joomla installation upgrade started, contact Blue Water Media today.