Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our region. With an emphasis on interactive and creative engagement, we have continued to better help the companies we serve make a difference in their communities with an improved digital and interactive experience.
We are currently looking for a UX Architect to lead the analysis, design and documentation of the user experience for our existing and new customers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for employing a user-centered methodology as well as a love for designing and documenting the details that makes for a successful experience. Emphasis will be on employing the full design lifecycle including lean UX techniques to define the product, rapid prototyping in collaboration with content writers and stakeholders and detailed definition of requirements and specifications.
Role + Responsibilities
- Create user experience workflow design, screen design, screen layout, wireframing and creation of rapid prototypes
- Arrive at engaging and highly usable user experience designs from a conceptual description of the educational activity
- Develop detailed UX storyboards and specifications including screen layouts and annotations describing logic, error conditions and other rules relevant to the user experience
- Quickly incorporate feedback into storyboards in both a visual and non-visual manner (excellent written and visual communication skills)
- Leverage a set of predefined design standards (dropdowns, buttons, navigation menus) and work with the interaction designer to develop new standards as needed
- Work in a fast paced environment where deadlines are fixed in advance
- Manage multiple designs at the same time
- Work collaboratively with team members from curriculum, editorial, learning analytics, design and technology
- Provide guidance on techniques for search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
Blue Water is looking for candidates who have:
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and consensus building skills
- Strong professional demeanor and ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Track record of creating cohesive organization systems
- Track record of creating elegant navigation systems
- Track record of creating effective labeling systems & indexing systems
- Experience with dynamic content management data-base driven mobile first pages
- Experience with designing for educational software (for admins, teachers and students)
- Experience with federated search engines, personalization engines, learning analytics and community tools
- Adept with relevant design and information flow software
- Bachelors degree in related field required, masters in HCI ideal.
- Experience with the Agile/Lean product development process a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or other document, presentation, spreadsheet software
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: information design, interaction design, user interface design, or software application design. A review of portfolio work is required, with an emphasis on problem-solution strategies.
U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Blue Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Email us your cover letter and detailed resume with ‘UX Architect’ as the subject line to email@example.com