11 Ways to Bring Your Blog to Life
Blogging has come a long way since the late ‘90s when the phenomenon first became popular. When blogs were first introduced, they were used as a way for individuals to share personal experiences and anecdotes with an online audience. Although many people still blog for this purpose, the blogging landscape has undoubtedly evolved. Today, blogs have become a useful marketing, branding, and networking tool for individuals and companies alike.
Blogs are now an important business tool for creating a public persona and making your company more accessible. Not only can blogs can help you communicate and build a relationship with your followers, they allow you to update and inform your audience on company news, industry changes, and other significant and relevant information.
If you’re not convinced that blogging can yield huge benefits for your company, here are some fascinating stats from Ignite Spot that may change your mind:
- 81% of US consumers trust advice and information from blogs
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through articles rather than ads
- Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads
- B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post
Clearly, blogging is an extremely effective tool for getting potential customers on the Web familiar with your brand and driving revenue online. In the highly competitive blogging atmosphere, however, it’s key that you follow the proper blogging strategies and techniques. To make the most of your blogging efforts + attract a loyal audience, here are a few helpful tips:
1) Let people know what you’re up to. The easiest and most obvious way to attract new readers is to share your posts with people you already know. Ask them to follow the blog, and share it with their own personal networks if they find what you have to say useful.
2) Post regularly. Consistently updating and posting is a good way to keep your blog relevant and fresh. Because there are a countless sites on the Web, your audience may go elsewhere for their information if you are not current. Try publishing blog posts at least 2-3 a week to keep your blog up-to-date. Blogs that post daily get 5 times more traffic and generate 4 times as many leads than those that post weekly or less.
3) Use catchy titles for your posts- An intriguing, exciting, or catchy title on your blog posts will help your writing stand out amongst the rest of the ordinary content posted on the Internet every day.
4) Include images and/or videos – Blog posts with more images attract more backlinks, and articles with images get 94% more views. Include screenshots, videos, graphs, infographics, and photos in your blog posts to make them more engaging and aesthetically appealing.
5) Encourage audience interaction- Audience interaction helps keep readers engaged and loyal to your blog. Develop blog posts that facilitate conversation and debates between you, the reader, and other readers. This sometimes means writing about a subject that may be controversial or polarizing; however, this is an effective way to get more eyes on your blog. Also don’t ignore the comment section; encourage commenting on your blog posts to stimulate conversation, answer questions, and even handle criticism professionally.
6) Interact with others through social media– With the rise of social media and other digital tools, the Internet has become a place for user interaction and communication. Marketing and blog content has become less reporting-based and more conversational, thanks to platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and others. Link and share your blog posts through these social media platforms in order to spread the message of your blog across global networks.
7) Optimize your post for search engines- The process of search engine optimization (SEO) has become an integral part of today’s content marketing and website performance solutions. Web users find what they are looking for using search engines such as Google, Bing, and others, and competing companies and organizations are battling over the top spot in the search results. Start by identifying what your target audience is searching for online using Google’s Keyword Planner, and implement these keywords into your articles. The more closely your page’s content and someone’s query match, the higher your site will rank in a search engine’s results, leading to increased traffic to your site.
8) Set up an RSS Feed- A RSS Feed is a tool that enables online publishers to organize and collect data automatically. When you give users the option of subscribing to your website’s RSS feed, they don’t have to manually check for new content and can stay engaged more easily.
9) Guest blog- Guest blogging is a great way to get your name recognized. Offer guest-blogs for other established blogs in your industry, and you will effectively start to build your blog’s brand and reputation. You may even convert their loyal readers into a member of your regular audience.
10) Create viral content- An expedient method for spreading your message is by having your content reposted or referred to on other blogs. If a reader finds your post interesting, he or she might pass it along or repost it to increasing groups of people, ultimately spreading it like a virus. Creating a blog post that becomes viral is easier said than done, however. Types of content that tend to spread virally include posts that are controversial, humorous, “contest” posts, or lists that are easy to read and contain important, real-life examples.
11) Experiment and track results- Once you have been blogging for a while and receiving feedback from your audience, you can start to get an idea for the types of posts that gain traction, and those that don’t. Analyze statistics and trends of certain types of blog posts, review which types generate the most comments and views, and continue creating engaging, successful content.
The benefits of a popular blog are endless. The best and most successful blogs have dedicated followers that care about what the blogger and brand has to say. In order to attract a loyal fan base to your blog, you must build your reputation as a knowledgeable and credible source of information in your industry. There are hundreds of tips on the Web about the best blogging practices, but these recommendations will help get you the support you need to push you forward.