If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, then Video is Worth a Million
When comparing film and literature, it is often said: “the book is better than the movie.” Many people prefer to read and interpret stories for themselves, instead of watching and being told the tale. Some readers enjoy when information is left up to the imagination.
However when it comes to online business and marketing, research has shown the opposite to be true. If you want to drive user engagement, increase conversion rates, improve online sales, and effectively boost your business’ bottom line, take out the text and switch to video marketing.
Internet users today would rather watch a video than read text. Online consumers rely on knowledge and understanding of products/services before making purchasing decisions, and video delivers the information more effectively than text. Extensive research on video marketing has proven that videos drastically improve brand loyalty and trust in comparison to written marketing content and video marketing is destined to continue its takeover in 2014. Here’s why:
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text
- Videos increase people’s understanding of products and services by 74%, according to DigitalSherpa
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%, according to Unruly
- Websites are 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine results page if they include video
- 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration.
- Nielsen discovered that 70% of brand marketers will increase their usage of social media, 64% of respondents indicated video content will dominate their strategies moving forward
With today’s vast array of social media and recording applications, video sharing is easier than ever. Applications such as Screenr, Videolicious, and even Instagram and Vine, are designed to improve branding strategies by providing easy-to-use video-recording programs. Video services such as YouTube allow you to track how many views it got, allowing you to better plan your content for your website. These programs and sites can link to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media apps, spreading your video messages to followers worldwide.
Convinced of the benefits of video marketing? It’s time to get the camera rolling.
Lights! Camera! Action!