Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our region at an established digital marketing agency.
We are looking for a Media Analyst with a thorough understanding of digital and social media metrics to join our growing team.
- Manage online campaigns, reporting and analytics in all digital and social media channels
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all phases of digital tracking: data collection, data processing and reporting
- Pull data from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics and other sources and aggregate results into a proprietary database
- Analyze, measure and interpret digital and social media KPIs with the ability to deliver insights in a constructive and concise manner
- Monitor activity on an ongoing basis to identify optimization opportunities
- Provide a holistic view of media impact across channels and client properties in order to tie campaign performance together across paid, owned and earned platforms
- Implement ad-hoc projects to build data resources, enhance reporting and deliver cross-campaign analytical insights
- Monitor competitive landscape and stay current with industry trends
- Provide Google Analytics training to clients
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in media communications, marketing, statistics, business or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant experience is required
- Functional knowledge of online and social media metrics and third party reporting tools; familiarity with web technology and web analytics
- Comfortable with hands-on involvement with data retrieval, aggregation, manipulation, analysis and insight generation (data mining)
- Ability to analyze raw data, identify trend drivers, draw conclusions and summarize actionable recommendations
- Positive, diplomatic, self-starter, results-oriented, and enthusiastic about problem solving
- Passion for using data to answer questions and an insatiable curiosity for new media platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey technical findings in a way that is digestible
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to aggregate and manipulate large data from multiple channels and sources
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and cross-functional groups in a team-oriented operating structure
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Excellent knowledge of industry measurement data sources
- Data visualization skills a plus, e.g. Tableau
Blue Water is located outside of Washington, D.C. and has offices in New York and San Francisco. Our agency has been in business since 2001 and has been honored with many industry awards such as Webby, W3, Davey, HOW Design, IMA, MDC, and GD USA.
Our culture is fast-paced, casual and fun. We believe in a strong, team oriented culture and we want to recruit other like-minded digital experts who enjoy the same. We offer health care coverage, dental insurance, 401 (k) options, employee referral program, Flex hours program, lunch & learn sessions, creative casual dress code, recreational game area, and much more.