Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our region. With an emphasis on interactive and creative engagement, we have continued to better help the companies we serve to make a difference in their communities with an improved digital and interactive experience.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Development with Visual Studio using C# in an MVC and Webform environment.
- Design, create, and implement database systems based on the given requirements.
- Working closely with cross-functional team members including UX, Design, and Front-End Development.
- Developing websites and applications that function seamlessly on any screen while also understanding and interpreting requirements from legacy systems.
- Accepting technical quality assurance for your work.
- A desire to have significant responsibility for the technical conception of web projects and custom applications to achieve exceptional, innovative results.
- A thirst for knowledge to learn the latest technologies.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Playing an active role in producing and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to offer and help create Blue Water best practices and procedures and follow those policies and procedures.
Blue Water is looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 5+ years of web application development experience required
- Strong knowledge of .NET application development and OOP principles.
- Strong foundation in C# in a Webform and MVC development environment.
- Strong skills with database development such as SQL Server.
- Experience implementing and supporting custom API integrations using REST and SOAP.
- Experience using Jira, Slack, and other cloud-based collaboration tools.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or equivalent repository systems.
- The ability to keep track of own projects, timings and needed resources in all situations.
- The ability to flourish in a hands-on culture and know when your team needs support.
- The ability to excel in a flexible environment that may involve remote collaboration and tight timelines.
- Good English language skills.
- The ability to interact with clients and end-users to discuss requirements, demo work, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile development practices.
Additional skills preferred but not required:
- Angular CLI development experience using Node.JS, Bootstrap and Progress (Telerik) Kendo widgets for data visualization.
- Java development experience using Spring Boot.
- PostgreSQL or MongoDB knowledge or other database development knowledge.
- Docker experience or other equivalent containerization systems.
- Experience in building and maintaining data-driven web applications.
- Experience with Drupal.