Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our industry. We execute at the intersection of data, creative, UX, technology, and marketing. The focus on a cross-functional approach to digital solutions forms the foundation of our company ethos. Blue Water’s client list is extremely diverse and represents a unique opportunity to impact businesses, associations and government agencies in a positive, meaningful way through the implementation of engaging digital experiences.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Washington, DC office who is capable of managing complex agile projects from inception through to a final result that drives impact for our clients. This person is organized, collaborative, and takes responsibility for their projects. A senior project manager is capable of working closely with our clients to effectively manage expectations. This person has the ability and interest to work across the Blue Water design and technology teams to deliver work that is as useful as it is beautiful. As a senior resource, this role works independently and can make thoughtful decisions that reflect well on the Blue Water.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Provide agile project management oversight for multiple projects;
- Lead client kickoff meetings;
- Ensure appropriate methods are in place for each project to ensure budgets and margins are maintained, work is delivered on schedule, and we produce our work at high quality;
- Implement an agile approach and best practices for consistent project delivery;
- Support collecting customer requirements and adding them to the product backlog;
- Mentor junior client engagement resources to help them build skill and confidence with project delivery;
- Maintain allocation and staffing estimates; and
- Participate in proposal estimation, proposal writing, and new business pitches.
Blue Water is looking for candidates who:
- Experience managing digital projects. Traditional marketing project experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage agile projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management professional (PMP) preferred.
- Agile scrum master certification preferred.
Blue Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
About Blue Water:
Blue Water, a full-service agency that delivers exceptional online and offline experiences, was founded on the belief that successful digital outcomes are driven by the convergence of Data, Technology, Creative, and Marketing. Supporting a range of clients within the private and public sector, we create outcomes that matter by designing solutions that align the organizational goals and capabilities of our clients with the actual needs of their users.