Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our industry. We execute at the intersection of data, creative, UX, technology, and marketing. The focus on a cross-functional approach to digital solutions forms the foundation of our company ethos. Blue Water’s client list is extremely diverse and represents a unique opportunity to impact businesses, associations and government agencies in a positive, meaningful way through the implementation of engaging digital experiences.
We are currently looking for a Senior Visual Designer that has a history of working closely with interaction designers and technologists the design beautiful and useful digital products and campaigns that drive impact for our clients. This person cares deeply about their craft and is always pushing to design work that helps our clients stand out. This person also recognizes that as a designer, great work can't be done in a vacuum and is open to working with users, other team members, and our clients to build something that exceeds expectations. As a senior visual designer, this role is responsible for mentoring junior resources and pushing them to grow their design skills and desire to deliver groundbreaking work.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with clients, interaction designers, and technologist;
- Design solutions based on user and client needs from concept through execution;
- Translate the client's brand into digital products and campaigns;
- Deliver work that translated complex ideas into simple and useful designs;
- Use prototyping (paper, digital, etc) to convey design ideas;
- Work with data analysts to convert data into infographics or other data visualizations;
- Effectively communicate to clients how and why a design solves their overarching challenges; and
- When necessary, independently manage small design projects.
Blue Water is looking for candidates who:
- Strong conceptual thinker.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Invision.
- Experience designing websites and other digital products.
- Traditional marketing experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of digital design experience.
- Proven ability to effectively work in an agile project framework.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Prior digital agency experience preferred.
About Blue Water:
Blue Water, a full-service agency that delivers exceptional online and offline experiences, was founded on the belief that successful digital outcomes are driven by the convergence of Data, Technology, Creative, and Marketing. Supporting a range of clients within the private and public sector, we create outcomes that matter by designing solutions that align the organizational goals and capabilities of our clients with the actual needs of their users.
Blue Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.