Working at Blue Water is an opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in our industry. As a full-service agency with a focus on cutting edge digital, our cross-functional teams continue to help the companies, associations and government agencies we serve make a positive, meaningful difference through improved digital experience.
We are currently looking for a UX Architect to lead the analysis, design and documentation of the user experience for current clients and new engagements. The ideal candidate will have a passion for employing a user-centered methodology as well as a love for designing and documenting the details that makes for a successful experience. Emphasis will be on employing the full design lifecycle including lean UX techniques to define the product, rapid prototyping in collaboration with content writers and stakeholders and detailed definition of requirements and specifications. A streamlined approach to research that results in quick, iterative opportunities for improved experiences is focal point of this role.
Role + Responsibilities
- Create user experience workflow design, screen design, screen layout, wireframing and creation of rapid prototypes
- Arrive at engaging and highly usable user experience designs from a conceptual description
- Develop detailed UX storyboards and specifications including screen layouts and annotations describing logic, error conditions and other rules relevant to the user experience
- Quickly incorporate feedback into storyboards in both a visual and non-visual manner (excellent written and visual communication skills)
- Leverage a set of predefined design standards (dropdowns, buttons, navigation menus) and work with the interaction designer to develop new standards as needed
- Work in a fast paced environment where deadlines are fixed in advance
- Manage multiple designs at the same time
- Work collaboratively with team members from editorial, creative, analytics, technology and marketing
- Provide guidance on techniques for search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
Blue Water is looking for candidates who have:
- A human-centered approach to UX
- Understanding of audience segmentation and content personalization
- Strong writing and presentation skills is a must
- Agency experience
- Track record of creating cohesive organization systems
- Track record of creating effective labeling systems & indexing systems
- Experience with dynamic content management data-base driven mobile first pages (Drupal is a plus)
- Bachelors degree in related field required, masters in HCI ideal
- Experience with the Agile/Lean product development process is a must
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: information design, interaction design,
user interface design, or software application design
This opening is for our Washington DC location (either Greenbelt or Downtown DC). Please do not apply if you do not intend to perform the work at one of these locations.
Blue Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. U.S. Citizenship is required.